Topics to be discussed include
- Why sleep apnea is not just about anatomy.
- Understanding the neurological physiological traits that contribute to sleep apnea.
- How dysfunctional breathing contributes to sleep apnea.
- Breathing retraining and neuroplasticity training for sleep apnea
- Individualizing breathing retraining for sleep apnea
In this episode we cover;
- What Buteyko breathing is and what are other forms of breathing techniques
- How dysfunctional breathing affects digestive function
- What some signs of dysfunctional breathing might look like
- How dysfunctional breathing affects our behaviour and mental health
- Why it’s important to breathe through the nose
- How breath affects mitochondrial health
- What Rosalba’s thoughts are on cold therapy, such as Ice baths and face baths
- What Rosalba’s daily breathing practice looks like
- Practical tips for us and so much more
You can go without food or water or even sleep but a few minutes of not breathing and you can’t survive. Dr. Rosalba Courtney joins us to explore the importance of breathing and some tips to breathe well. What does it mean to breathe well? Why is this so important? Why is it important to breathe through your nose? What impact it has on your body?Details
Dr Rosalba Courtney discusses her Integrative Breathing Therapy and other interesting aspects of breathing and breathing dysfunction.Details
Heart rate variability mean that our heart rate does not stay the same all the time – it interacts with many things including our breathing. When we breathe in our heart rate tends to go up and it slows down when we breathe out. The healthier you are the greater your heart rate variability.Details