In this wide ranging conversation, Dr Lewis Ehrlich and Rosalba cover the nose and upper airway, nitric oxide, functional and dysfunctional breathing, the diaphragm, paradoxical breathing and much more….Details
Dr Steven Lin in discussion with Rosalba covering dysfunctional breathing, the three dimensions of functional breathing, hyperventilation, children and breathing patterns and upper airway issues, breathing retraining, mindfulness, heart rate variability and much more…Details
Join James Nestor and Rosalba in conversation as they discuss his exploration of breathing and breathing therapies for his latest book, The New York Times bestseller: ‘Breath The New Science of a Lost Art’.Details
Topics to be discussed include
- Why sleep apnea is not just about anatomy.
- Understanding the neurological physiological traits that contribute to sleep apnea.
- How dysfunctional breathing contributes to sleep apnea.
- Breathing retraining and neuroplasticity training for sleep apnea
- Individualizing breathing retraining for sleep apnea
In this episode we cover;
- What Buteyko breathing is and what are other forms of breathing techniques
- How dysfunctional breathing affects digestive function
- What some signs of dysfunctional breathing might look like
- How dysfunctional breathing affects our behaviour and mental health
- Why it’s important to breathe through the nose
- How breath affects mitochondrial health
- What Rosalba’s thoughts are on cold therapy, such as Ice baths and face baths
- What Rosalba’s daily breathing practice looks like
- Practical tips for us and so much more
You can go without food or water or even sleep but a few minutes of not breathing and you can’t survive. Dr. Rosalba Courtney joins us to explore the importance of breathing and some tips to breathe well. What does it mean to breathe well? Why is this so important? Why is it important to breathe through your nose? What impact it has on your body?Details
Dr Rosalba Courtney discusses her Integrative Breathing Therapy and other interesting aspects of breathing and breathing dysfunction.Details