What is Breathing Basics?
The Breathing Basics routine is a breathing and movement sequence that looks and feels in some ways like a very relaxed yoga session.
Sessions last for 90 minutes and include floor exercises, sitting, walking and standing practices.
The sequence is based on rehabilitation principles of
- neurodevelopmental progression
- motor learning
What are the benefits?
Regular practice of the Breathing Basics:
- improves posture, core stability and movement patterns,
- relaxes your nervous systems
- helps you to maintain an optimal and “functional” breathing during daily life.
- Restores nasal and diaphragmatic breathing
Who are the practice sessions for?
All are welcome.
Where and When:
5-6.30pm Sunday – next session coming soon!
The venue is Tranquillo Place, on level 1, suite 10/ 16 Waratah St, Mona Vale
It can be a little tricky to find the first time round – best to enter via Bungan st, Arcade, right next to ‘Magnolia Home’. Go down the arcade walkway and then it’s up the stairs to the left- follow the signs.